Wednesday, May 22, 2013

A little party never killed nobody

AH Summer has given me such a breath of FRESH AIR. Sometimes I can get so caught up in my daily routine and life that I forget that I am so observant and the small things in life really make me the most happy. After a 3 mile run with a friend we sat in the grass and just talked, watched people running and walking by and it was so great. When I hang out with her I feel like a kid again with being able to just go out late on a summer night and run just like when youre a kid and you meet your neighborhood friends out as the streetlights come on to play manhunt. It was so beautiful and nice to watch the buildings nearby light up for the night and have people walking by socializing in the warmth, getting ice cream. It just makes me so darn happy! That is what life is about and I shouldn't have to remind myself that is what it is all about! It is just so great to be happy and thankful for what you have in life. I sometimes don't embrace every minute that I have the most AMAZING people in my life and the most amazing things going on and I do appreciate it all but I feel like I am awakening again with the summer, and being a child of summer I think that can only be natural right? The Winter here in New England makes us all feel life is lost and dead and the thing that is amazing about New England is that when the warm weather comes around again instantly everyone becomes more friendly and gets the life back into them. Hooray!!!!! 

This definitely calls for one of many of my favorite quotes from a certain favorite book which I had the pleasure of seeing on the big screen two nights ago and have been listening to the soundtrack on repeat. 

"And so with the sunshine and the great bursts of leaves growing on the trees, just as things grow in fast movies, I had that familiar conviction that life was beginning over again with the summer.
f.scott fitzgerald, the great gatsby

No comments:

Post a Comment